The Forschungsgemeinschaft Leder e.V. was founded in 1999 as the legal successor to the Interessengemeinschaft für Lederforschung und Häuteschädenbekämpfung im Verband der Deutschen Lederindustrie e.V., which was founded in 1949.
Fields of activity
- Optimization of raw material and quality
- Further development of tanning and leather finishing processes
- Consumer-friendly support
- Improvement of environmental technology and waste recycling
- Promotion of education and training in the leather production sectors
- Cooperation and exchange of experiences with sectors upstream and downstream of leather production