Please find here the Joint Position Statement signed by:
- COTANCE Confederation of National Associations of Tanners and Dressers of the European Community
- CEC European Footwear Confederation
- FESI European Footwear Confederation
- AFIRM Reduce the use of harmful substances
- EUCTL European Chemistry for Textile and Leather
This is an important step in order to be able to act together towards the authorities.
The document has been sent already
-to the relevant Head of Units and Directors in DG Grow and DG Envi, as well as to Peter Sandler in DG Trade;
-to all the Permanent Representations of EU Member States; to a general e-mail address for those countries where the relevant Counsellors were not retrievable.
You can also contribute to strengthen our case by reaching out to the competent authorities for the REACH Committee at national level, in the different countries where there is industry or trade. Ideally, this should be made hand in hand with the national value chain partners and, if possible and agreeable, in person. The Joint Position Statement is a very good basis for prompting a discussion with our authorities.
Please remember that every little action is useful. After all, we need to build up a majority in the REACH Committee that supports our stance.